Dog Tag Licenses
The Township of Centre Wellington, under the Dog Control By-law, requires every dog owner to register their dog each year.
- You must purchase a license within 15 days of getting a dog.
- You must purchase a license each subsequent year before April 30th.
- The license expires on April 30th of the following year, regardless of when you purchased it.
- If purchased before April 30 – $40.00
- If purchased after April 30 – $50.00
- To replace a lost tag – $10.00
Where to purchase:
You can purchase your dog tag license online, or in person at the Municipal Office located at 1 MacDonald Square, Elora.
The Township engages the Guelph Humane Society to provide animal control and shelter services. Revenue from dog tags goes directly to cover the cost of the animal control program. The Township believes a user-pay approach is more equitable than a tax based subsidized approach. The Guelph Humane Society also provides 24/7 emergency services and can be contacted by calling 519-824-3091.