Dog Park Rules
They’re posted onsite, but here they are again… just in case you missed them.
- Dog owners are liable for the actions of their dogs as stated in the Dog Owners Liability Act.
- Dog waste is to be picked up and disposed of in the garbage containers provided (By-law 2005-007-8)
- All dogs must be licensed, fully vaccinated and wearing their tags when in the park (By-law 2005-007-06). Because puppies under that age of 4 months are not full vaccinated, they are not permitted.
- All dogs must enter the park while still on leash. Before leaving the park, they must be back on leash (By-law 2005-007-2.2).
- All users do so at their own risk.
- Dogs that display aggressive behaviour or are not spayed or neutered are not permitted.
- No more than 2 dogs per adult
- Owners must be in control of their dog(s) at all times.
- Children under 12 must be closely monitored by an adult at all times, and must be discouraged from running while in the park.
- Small dog toys and treats are permitted, but other food and breakable items are not permitted.
- Any training device that would potentially harm another dog is not permitted.
- Dog owners are encouraged to take their dogs off leash as soon as they enter the park to avoid conflict with other dogs.
Please direct all questions to the Centre Wellington Dog Owners Group (CWDOG).